Thursday, May 28, 2009

Easter 'Egg' Hunt

love this! so precious!

11 April 2009
Kodi & I took Kennedy to the Taylorsville Park (by the Library) for the Easter 'Egg' Hunt the Saturday before Easter.
I say 'Egg' with quotations because there weren't any actual eggs at this so called Easter 'Egg' Hunt. Growing up, I remember hunting for hard boiled eggs & the little plastic eggs with candy inside. I'm guessing someone figured out over the years that it wasn't all that sanitary to be eating hard boiled eggs that had been sitting in the grass for who knows how long, so I understand why most places don't use real eggs anymore. Although, it would be nice to have atleast found 1 plastic egg on this Easter 'Egg' Hunt.
Instead there was lots of salt water taffy for the 5 years & under age group.
Let's see here, if I were to choose a 'safe' & least amount of mess candy for toddlers, I'm thinking salt water taffy would be the last thing I would think of. But, Kennedy didn't really care, of course, she just wanted candy. And, lets face it, its not like they charge to go to the Easter 'Egg' Hunt, so I guess there isn't a whole lot of room for complaints. Kennedy was a little confused why we went to an Easter 'Egg' Hunt & didn't find any eggs though.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of the actual 'hunting'. Kodi & I were too busy trying to explain to Kennedy that she needed to hurry & pick up some candy if she wanted to get any at all (man, those other little kids sure were ravenous for salt water taffy!)
Here's some cute pics I took on the way walking back to the car after the 'hunt' was over.

There was a table set up just outside the 'hunt', with flyers about a 'Preschool' for ages 2-5, & there were a couple ladies giving out balloons to all the little kids. Kennedy definitely didn't care about the 'Eggs' anymore after she got her balloon.
(My mom bought Kennedy a really cute T-shirt from the Washington D.C. National zoo, when she & Kennedy went the beginning of April.. On the shirt, it has a bunch of animals making cute silly faces. The monkey on it is pulling a silly face with it's lips pushed out.) Now, when you ask Kennedy what a monkey looks like, she makes this cute little face with her bottom lip pursed out.


She's getting really good at her 'monkey face'.. so cute

I love that Kennedy will do cute little 'poses', like hugging this pole.. My fave!

She was having a blast stepping on the base of the light pole & then jumping off! Over & over & over again...