Thursday, January 1, 2009

Temple Square!

December 6, 2008
Every year since Kodi & I have been together (3 years now), we've been sure to go to Temple square to see the lights together at least once in December!
The 1st year we went (2005), we took Jordin & Domanik (my niece & nephew) with us (who were just over a year old at the time.) It was so much fun to see the excitement in their little curious eyes!
The 2nd year (2006), we took Jordin & Domanik again, with my parents & Kennedy came along for the ride in my tummy (I was 5 months along).
The 3rd year (2007), we were so excited to be able to take our precious little Kennedy (who was 8 months old). She was still a little confused at that age, but seemed to enjoy being outside & seeing lots of people & lights!
This year (2008), being the 4th year we've gone together, we took Kennedy (20 months), & DJ (Kodi's best Friend from High School). We went on a Saturday & were planning to ride TRAX. When we got to the TRAX station, I realized I had forgotten my TRAX pass at home, so I dropped DJ & Kodi off with Kennedy to ride without me & headed home to get my pass (we only live like 5 minutes from the TRAX station). By the time I finally got to Temple Square & met up with the three of them it was around 7 pm. (It's nice not to have to find parking downtown, but TRAX certainly takes longer.) It was so crowded that we could barely walk anywhere at all and had to keep excusing ourselves through people.
Even though it was so crowded, we ended up having a great time together, enjoying the Christmas Spirit that is so strong at Temple Square. Kennedy had a fun time walking on all the little cement ledges surrounding the flower gardens & everywhere we walked, she pointed at the lights in amazement!
I wonder what next year will bring?

Kodi, Jessica, & Kennedy (bundled up like a little pink marshmallow peep!)

DJ & Kodi - never a dull moment (or serious face!)