Saturday, January 3, 2009

Water, Water, Everywhere!

10 December 2008
Funny Story:
When Kennedy was born, she loved the water (maybe it has something to do with her being born underwater ;), & just couldn't get enough of it... up until she was about 9 months old... One day, I went to put Kennedy in the bathtub and she screamed & screamed & SCREAMED! So, all worried, I checked the water again (fearful that somehow it had gotten too hot), and it was just fine. Nothing was wrong with the water, she wasn't sick, and I had run out of ideas, so I took her out and thought I would try again the next day. Sure enough she still would not get in the water without screaming. Ever since that day, we've had to coax and plea with Kennedy to even go near any water, and bathtime became a horror!.....
One day, while my aunt & Grandmother were visiting, we decided we would all try to go swimming at our clubhouse & just let Kennedy watch. Everyone got in the water, except for myself & Kennedy (even though we had bathing suits on). Kennedy started calling for Kodi, so, just curious, I handed Kennedy to Kodi in the water, & she got all excited & started giggling! 'Is this the same child?', was what I was thinking. The whole time we were at the pool, she giggled & laughed & had a great time playing with everyone in the water!
Ever since, she has been obsessed with water! Any water, anytime, any place! She is constantly begging me to 'doe wimming' (go swimming) & to let her play in the Kitchen sink! Atleast once a day, I give in & turn the kitchen faucet on & let her play in the water while I make bread or some sort of treat!
It sure is crazy how much she changes from one day to the next!

here mom, you want some water too?

I WILL get that water in my mouth!