Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ensign Peak

4 July 2009
Starting in 2006, Kodi, DJ, & I started a tradition of watching the Fireworks at Ensign Peak. It's the best view. You can see all the fireworks going off all over the valley. This year, instead of hiking up to the actual 'Ensign Peak', we sat just below it on the Grass at a park. It turned out to still be a great view. It was way more comfortable & didn't feel quite as crowded as when we've sat up the mountain at Ensign Peak. It was also way more kid friendly, for Kennedy to be able to run around & play, without us fearing that she would roll down the mountain or something.
This year, My Mom & Dad, & Lance (Kodi's good friend from high school) & Kristina (Lance's Fiance') also joined us.
My Dad - Marshall, My Mom - Carol, Kennedy, Myself, & DJ
(DJ was very excited to be watching the fireworks apparently)
My mom & I were laughing & joking that we were going to start a crafting club... My mom was knitting some baby booties, I was crocheting some baby beaded socks, & there was a lady below us about 10 feet that was knitting a beautiful baby blanket.
Kennedy snuggled up with her Nana (lol, I'm sure my mom will love this pic, with her glasses hanging off her nose ;)
I was getting very uncomfortable & sleepy, & ended up laying down on the blanket while the fireworks were going off, so I didn't actually see many, but heard some still
DJ is one of Kennedy's favorite buddies

She is always climbing all over him (literally)




Lance, Kristina, & their Chocolate Lab, Hunter

So uh, Kodi took this pic...
somehow, we didn't get any pics of Kodi, since he was taking all the pics. I'm hoping to get copies of the pics DJ took. I know he got a few of Kodi.